Friday 27 April 2012

Visions: Municipal Waste - The Fatal Feast (NSFW)


I'm by and large a big fan of Municipal Waste, having been a big part of satiating my wish for thrash to be the in thing in my lifetime - I missed the original wave as I was blissfully unaware, due to young age, of the effect this style of music was to have on my neck one day. I've been quick to obtain their albums upon release and have enjoyed them all right up to 'Massive Aggressive', which was still a great album even if not quite on a par with the two albums that preceded it.

The 'Waste are back with 'The Fatal Feast' and the title track is the inspiration for a brilliantly and typically over the top video from the Richmond crew, as they engorge their way through a space vessel's crew and its rescue team. The track itself surprised me at first with its more melodic vocals - but its no less thrashy and old school and it certainly picks up a gear at the right time. Their bloodlust is seemingly insatiable and hence, its every bit the reason you should probably not let your boss catch you watching this. As comical as it is, there's always plenty of blood to be spilled in Municipal Waste's world, and they're not holding back here. After the jump.

Peter Clegg 

Municipal Waste - The Fatal Feast (official video)

No comments:

Post a Comment